Skip to main content

WilsonBlock100 Radio

Pittsburgh Rapper 'Heartless' talks Independent Music, Profanity-Free Lyrics, and Upcoming Projects

Mistah Wilson: What's good wit' it! Thanks for coming thru for this exclusive interview with
ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How ya' been?
Heartless: I've been good trying to stay focused. Thank you guys for having me!

So our audience can gain a clear understanding of you as an artist, could you give us a quick background on yourself? 
Heartless: I've been doing music seriously since 2009. I had a song called "Sit Back" feat G.Breeze on music choice. In 2010 I decided to switch my music to profanity free, after my pops listened to my underground album, and said it was too hardcore with all the profanity and I might not reach as many people, as well as music is a business and if you want to change it you have to be better. So I listened to him and for spiritual reasons I decided to grow my skills and see if I could keep my street life that I lived in my music without cursing. In 2012 I signed a record deal with Tate Music Group and released" Keys To Da Game" Feat G Breeze with the hit single "Come Correct" that was in rotation on WAMO 100 (iTunes link https://itun.es/us/-Y9pF) and the YouTube video of it https://youtu.be/b6NJdzpXQ4g

Let's talk music real quick! Your song "We Made It" is EPIC! We really enjoyed it. What message are you trying to send with this track? 
Heartless: When I wrote "We Made It" I was thinking about my bro, G Breeze, who's doing fed time right now I made that song for him and everyone else that's in his situation or on the outside like myself stating simply that the law can't catch us all and if one of us make it we all make it I'm out here working hard to get this Short Life Profanity Free Street Music nationwide that was our plan from the beginning.



Tell us about some current and upcoming projects you've been working on..
Heartless: At this moment I'm just doing singles and marketing them to radio the three singles I'm releasing are "We Made It" Featuring D'voice, "Only Her", and "City Life" Featuring Tia Moore. After that I plan on working on my second album "Get To Know Me" and releasing a mixtape before that comes out and working on Tia Moore's album.

Who are some key influences in your life that motivated you to be the artist you are today?
Heartless: Since I was young I've had a passion for music, but the most important person is my Pops, Guy Wesley, He has watched me grow since the beginning, he still plays people the first songs I ever made. I would've never thought my older music would still hold any accountability, because I've grown as a artist so much, but when I was visiting him recently and he was playing it for people that were saying "wow that's different we need that type of music " and they listened and appreciated my latest music just as much, saying "stay focused your going to go somewhere, who's managing you and when is the album dropping". And everyone that listened to any of my music has the same reaction, "no profanity in it but it still has that gritty feel". I like that because that let's me know I'm accomplishing what I wanted in creating music with no profanity.

How do you develop new song concepts, hooks, and lyrics?
Heartless: I was writing so much, notebooks on top of notebooks filled with lyrics but no beats to match it, you can look at it as I was perfecting my craft.. After a while it started to feel like I was wasting my words, because I couldn't find a beat that would bring it together. So I looked at it from another angle and started searching for producers. I can't just write to any beat, I have to feel it, I'm making music based on my life. So I have my producer play different beats, and ill spit a few bars to see if it catches, if I don't feel it in 10-15 sec I'll tell them go to the next one, but when I catch that beat that makes me bob my head, its like the words attach automatically, that's how it
happened with "We Made It" and "Only Her".

Are you currently an independent artist or are you rockin' wit' management?
Heartless: I'm a independent artist I release music under Short Life Entertainment. I would like to have a manager, someone that can actually help me more than what I'm doing for myself right now. I'm doing everything and I pay for everything studio time, marketing releases etc everything.

What do you plan on accomplishing through your music?
Heartless: To grow my Indie Label and change the music scenery, I've worked to hard to master my style with profanity free lyrics and I like where I'm at.

Where can people connect with you online?
Heartless: Social media sites they can reach me quick on twitter however all my sites are below
https://facebook.com/heartless412
https://twitter.com/heartless412
https://soundcloud.com/heartless412
https://instagram.com/heartless_412
https://soundcloud.com/shortlifeent
www.shortlifeent.com




Yo, Heartless! Good lookin' on comin' thru for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine! if you have any shout outs, let's hear em...
Heartless: I'd like to say what up to Antonie (Twan Beatmaker) Reed, my homie and engineer Diezel of Diezel productions, The Real G.Breeze, Dale Burch, Guy Wesley, and to my kids I love each of yall ....Lendell, Demonne, Quan, Dameir, Dalezsa, Daquan, Tyrae.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teena Marie's Legacy Lingers in Pasadena's San Rafael Neighborhood

Mistah Wilson locates R&B Legend Teena Marie's Pasadena,CA Residence   Update: The original article claimed Teena Marie's Pasadena home was located in Linda Vista. Correction: Teena Marie's Pasadena, CA residence was located in the San Rafael area @ 1000 Laguna Road. Pasadena, CA 91105 Although the Ivory Queen of Soul and Rick James protege wasn't born in Pasadena, California , the fact that she lived off Laguna Road right here in Pasadena's San Rafael neighborhood means a lot for the local music scene . As you think about what Pasadena has been to the County of Los Angeles, you can only imagine the type of things that have transpired on the local music scene with Hollywood being so close. Pasadena has been known as a place Hollywood comes to when they are trying to keep a low profile. Even so, it's also a place Hollywood shoots a lot of their highly esteemed TV Show sitcoms, movies, commercials, and more. Percy's Portrait Photography But,...

Hip Hop Musician "HENDO" talks Shows, Mixtapes, & Life growing up in Tacoma, WA in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

"I wanna start a big brother program for the youth. A lot of kids have talents and big dreams just don't have the right guidance to prevent them from falling victim to the streets." - Hendo Mistah Wilson: Yo, Hendo! What's good wit it. Glad to have you here with us for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How you been?  Hendo: I've been good bro just grinding knocking out these shows and mixtapes. Appreciate you for having me on here bro foreal it's a blessing i'm rocking with the movement. Mistah Wilson:  For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?  Hendo:   I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA youngest outta 3 siblings. I've lived all over Tacoma tried playing football in high school that didn't work out. I always wanted to do stand up comedy since I'm always cracking jokes once I get my feet in the music business I definitely gonna try that out one of my first dreams. Mistah Wilson:  ...

New Music: Ransom x The Game x Rome Streetz – Pray For The Weak

Ransom and Rome Streetz will be releasing a new joint album titled Coup De Grâce . The two link up with The Game for a new collab called “Pray For The Weak” . The three lyrical beast get busy on the hypnotizing instrumental. Via American Music Scene http://www.rssmix.com/