Skip to main content

WilsonBlock100 Radio

Time To Get Zooited by Jhantu Randall

Throughout the past couple years almost every show, every stage and every event, I’ve come to see Zooited Gang grace the stage and solidify their name. From performing in venues that they hosted to just seeing them from the perspective as a fan, I can’t stress enough that they bring something different to the scene.

With their set playlist I’ve witnessed them all grab the mic and set the place ablaze! Each performance has raised the bar for the other acts, because not only does Zooited Gang know who they are as a collective, they know who they are as individual artists. Always raising the energy of the crowd like a conductor, they know they're brand lies in the business that they run. Whether its merchandise, recording or other types of production, when they say they live hip hop, they don’t need to speak it their actions do all the necessary talking.

Now we’ve come to the point where even though they move as one, each member of the group appears to be pursuing solo ventures as well. With that being said, it only seems fitting to highlight Taye Zooited first. I’ve previously seen some videos he’s put out online and was impressed by what I was hearing. From being used to club bangers and high energy songs, Taye has showcased his lyricism and storytelling ability more in his solo releases. A few days ago, Taye Zooited, through Zooited Gang Entertainment has released the preview to a new single “Gang Shit YNZGB.”

Never willing to stay confined to a certain box the sound of this new single catches you off guard as its beat selection is something that immediately makes you feel elevated while at the same time sounding like something that you would play as you head to the club to celebrate the rewards of your week. With a melodic chorus that’ll make even the most vehement hater bob their head, the hook doubles down on the fact that each and every member is truly about their business at the end of the day. Where hip hop is mere entertainment for some, for the creators who produce something from nothing, this isn’t just a dream. It’s their actual life day in and day out.

Beyond having every member of the group in the video, the camera shots that open the video catches your eye immediately has it opens with an ariel view of the city on what could be any given night. From there the preview jumps to Taye, who is standing in front of white siting as he dances and sings “Gang Shit, 24/7 I be banging, we don’t give a fuck who you came with…” It’s in these shots that he’s advertising their shirts which as far as I know are available for purchase at their shows. While this is merely a preview of an upcoming video, the work put in only shows that there is plenty more to come just beyond the horizon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teena Marie's Legacy Lingers in Pasadena's San Rafael Neighborhood

Mistah Wilson locates R&B Legend Teena Marie's Pasadena,CA Residence   Update: The original article claimed Teena Marie's Pasadena home was located in Linda Vista. Correction: Teena Marie's Pasadena, CA residence was located in the San Rafael area @ 1000 Laguna Road. Pasadena, CA 91105 Although the Ivory Queen of Soul and Rick James protege wasn't born in Pasadena, California , the fact that she lived off Laguna Road right here in Pasadena's San Rafael neighborhood means a lot for the local music scene . As you think about what Pasadena has been to the County of Los Angeles, you can only imagine the type of things that have transpired on the local music scene with Hollywood being so close. Pasadena has been known as a place Hollywood comes to when they are trying to keep a low profile. Even so, it's also a place Hollywood shoots a lot of their highly esteemed TV Show sitcoms, movies, commercials, and more. Percy's Portrait Photography But,...

Hip Hop Musician "HENDO" talks Shows, Mixtapes, & Life growing up in Tacoma, WA in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

"I wanna start a big brother program for the youth. A lot of kids have talents and big dreams just don't have the right guidance to prevent them from falling victim to the streets." - Hendo Mistah Wilson: Yo, Hendo! What's good wit it. Glad to have you here with us for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How you been?  Hendo: I've been good bro just grinding knocking out these shows and mixtapes. Appreciate you for having me on here bro foreal it's a blessing i'm rocking with the movement. Mistah Wilson:  For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?  Hendo:   I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA youngest outta 3 siblings. I've lived all over Tacoma tried playing football in high school that didn't work out. I always wanted to do stand up comedy since I'm always cracking jokes once I get my feet in the music business I definitely gonna try that out one of my first dreams. Mistah Wilson:  ...

New Music: Ransom x The Game x Rome Streetz – Pray For The Weak

Ransom and Rome Streetz will be releasing a new joint album titled Coup De Grâce . The two link up with The Game for a new collab called “Pray For The Weak” . The three lyrical beast get busy on the hypnotizing instrumental. Via American Music Scene http://www.rssmix.com/