Skip to main content

WilsonBlock100 Radio

Who is Better and Why: Kendrick Lamar or Hopsin? (VOTE NOW)

Admit it. Hip Hop is in an entirely new age today. And while many fanatics of Hip Hop's Golden Era cling on to it's remains, there are new faces that have already paved a way.

We got Kendrick Lamar and Hopsin. Two SoCal Hip Hop artists generally from the same city (with respect to Compton being it's own city), yet worlds apart. Let's discuss why we've decided to rank these two Hip Hop artists...

Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar's latest album "DAMN" has been getting a lot of attention lately. It reminds me of tha times he released his previous albums. It was well talked about. Loved even. Hell, fans are even granting Kendrick with tha ever-so-loosely used "G.O.A.T" title. His music sounds good and performs well. 

Hopsin

Hopsin just released a new music video here and I decided to watch it. I realized that Hopsin, as out-of-tha-box as he can be, seems a little more of a 'practical' artist. Meaning, no matter where he goes with his lyrics and subject matter, I can follow him and it still make sense. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teena Marie's Legacy Lingers in Pasadena's San Rafael Neighborhood

Mistah Wilson locates R&B Legend Teena Marie's Pasadena,CA Residence   Update: The original article claimed Teena Marie's Pasadena home was located in Linda Vista. Correction: Teena Marie's Pasadena, CA residence was located in the San Rafael area @ 1000 Laguna Road. Pasadena, CA 91105 Although the Ivory Queen of Soul and Rick James protege wasn't born in Pasadena, California , the fact that she lived off Laguna Road right here in Pasadena's San Rafael neighborhood means a lot for the local music scene . As you think about what Pasadena has been to the County of Los Angeles, you can only imagine the type of things that have transpired on the local music scene with Hollywood being so close. Pasadena has been known as a place Hollywood comes to when they are trying to keep a low profile. Even so, it's also a place Hollywood shoots a lot of their highly esteemed TV Show sitcoms, movies, commercials, and more. Percy's Portrait Photography But,...

Hip Hop Musician "HENDO" talks Shows, Mixtapes, & Life growing up in Tacoma, WA in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

"I wanna start a big brother program for the youth. A lot of kids have talents and big dreams just don't have the right guidance to prevent them from falling victim to the streets." - Hendo Mistah Wilson: Yo, Hendo! What's good wit it. Glad to have you here with us for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How you been?  Hendo: I've been good bro just grinding knocking out these shows and mixtapes. Appreciate you for having me on here bro foreal it's a blessing i'm rocking with the movement. Mistah Wilson:  For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?  Hendo:   I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA youngest outta 3 siblings. I've lived all over Tacoma tried playing football in high school that didn't work out. I always wanted to do stand up comedy since I'm always cracking jokes once I get my feet in the music business I definitely gonna try that out one of my first dreams. Mistah Wilson:  ...

New Music: Ransom x The Game x Rome Streetz – Pray For The Weak

Ransom and Rome Streetz will be releasing a new joint album titled Coup De Grâce . The two link up with The Game for a new collab called “Pray For The Weak” . The three lyrical beast get busy on the hypnotizing instrumental. Via American Music Scene http://www.rssmix.com/