Skip to main content

WilsonBlock100 Radio

Watch "Good Friday" music video by John Jigg$ X DJ Concept


Long Island natives John Jigg$ & DJ Concept drop their first collaborative EP. Good Friday is an exercise in pure hip-hop. This album finds the duo at the top of their respective games. Jigg$ wordplay is top notch as he spits the truth on the opening track “If you play this loud enough you can hear Jesus, n!ggas frontin so I’m huntin like it’s deer season, for the rap fans ears I prepare thesis.” The opener also features some fire bars from fellow Long Islander SmooVth. As the album continues, Jigg$ make it clear from the jump “Paintin a motion picture with every scripture. John Jigg$ / Concept it’s a deadly mixture”. A truer statement was never made as he rips through the grimey banger. Next up, DJ Concept takes the mood from grimey to fly as the joint Savior Faire smooths things out a bit at the halfway point of the EP.

The albums title track is up next. Jigg$ makes his intentions known “Begging for trouble I could probably promise you more of it, work the hardest at targeting all my audience, try to make my way through the market so I can corner it, got that talk that they all be wanting I’m sure of it.” On the next joint, Concepts soundscape once again takes a fly turn with The Whole Truth featuring Recognize Ali. The album then comes to a close with hard drums and hard rhymes. One King has Jigg$ spitting some real life bars over a filthy Concept track.

As a whole, the album is a perfect marriage of real hip hop rhymes & beats. It’s sure to be a classic to the true heads. Available now through all digital outlets via Crisis Center Collective.

STREAM / BUY THE ALBUM: http://smarturl.it/GoodFriday

WEBSITE: www.crisis1200.com

INSTAGRAM: @john_jiggs | @concept1200

Additionally, the paintings on the cover are original artwork created by Concept himself and are available on a variety of mediums including prints, framed work, canvases & phone cases. Pick something up at https://society6.com/concept1200

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teena Marie's Legacy Lingers in Pasadena's San Rafael Neighborhood

Mistah Wilson locates R&B Legend Teena Marie's Pasadena,CA Residence   Update: The original article claimed Teena Marie's Pasadena home was located in Linda Vista. Correction: Teena Marie's Pasadena, CA residence was located in the San Rafael area @ 1000 Laguna Road. Pasadena, CA 91105 Although the Ivory Queen of Soul and Rick James protege wasn't born in Pasadena, California , the fact that she lived off Laguna Road right here in Pasadena's San Rafael neighborhood means a lot for the local music scene . As you think about what Pasadena has been to the County of Los Angeles, you can only imagine the type of things that have transpired on the local music scene with Hollywood being so close. Pasadena has been known as a place Hollywood comes to when they are trying to keep a low profile. Even so, it's also a place Hollywood shoots a lot of their highly esteemed TV Show sitcoms, movies, commercials, and more. Percy's Portrait Photography But,...

Hip Hop Musician "HENDO" talks Shows, Mixtapes, & Life growing up in Tacoma, WA in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

"I wanna start a big brother program for the youth. A lot of kids have talents and big dreams just don't have the right guidance to prevent them from falling victim to the streets." - Hendo Mistah Wilson: Yo, Hendo! What's good wit it. Glad to have you here with us for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How you been?  Hendo: I've been good bro just grinding knocking out these shows and mixtapes. Appreciate you for having me on here bro foreal it's a blessing i'm rocking with the movement. Mistah Wilson:  For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?  Hendo:   I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA youngest outta 3 siblings. I've lived all over Tacoma tried playing football in high school that didn't work out. I always wanted to do stand up comedy since I'm always cracking jokes once I get my feet in the music business I definitely gonna try that out one of my first dreams. Mistah Wilson:  ...

New Music: Ransom x The Game x Rome Streetz – Pray For The Weak

Ransom and Rome Streetz will be releasing a new joint album titled Coup De Grâce . The two link up with The Game for a new collab called “Pray For The Weak” . The three lyrical beast get busy on the hypnotizing instrumental. Via American Music Scene http://www.rssmix.com/