Skip to main content

WilsonBlock100 Radio

POEM: Awake The Hip Hop Disciples by Kipkirui Mitey (2016)





Where art thou hip hop chosen ones 

I went around corners of the globe can't see you 
Arise, shine and give us more music 
The base you set was classic 

Pac could say 'we still breathing' 
I wonders what this is meaning 
Perhaps you hiding somewhere 
but fans misses you everywhere 
Because you vanished without goodbye 

Breath in silence those words of encouragement 
Chant with the jubilant disciples 
The Big Punisher you quite on your sleep 
But your lyrics still run deep 
into the vein of diehards 
Biggy Smalls do you hear me? 
I know you still the Big Poppa over there 
For your lines didn't spare 
unruly, malicious criticism 
Sometimes your performance hypnotize me 

How can I forget the great Nate Dogg? 
The maestro whose golden voice 
Could awake the sleeping dog 
With that in mind 'I better lay low'' 
His legacy I ought to follow 

Guru ' The Gangstarr' you smile when I mention you 
Keep your head out of your mouth 
Whilst the hero spits out 
in his eternal sleep between the clouds 

Leaving out left eye and Easy B counts this piece incomplete 
'cause the relevant contribution still rocks 
Airwaves furious without your voice 
Fans at the downtown blocks 
considers your presence a necessary vice 

Poem courtesy of Poetry Soup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teena Marie's Legacy Lingers in Pasadena's San Rafael Neighborhood

Mistah Wilson locates R&B Legend Teena Marie's Pasadena,CA Residence   Update: The original article claimed Teena Marie's Pasadena home was located in Linda Vista. Correction: Teena Marie's Pasadena, CA residence was located in the San Rafael area @ 1000 Laguna Road. Pasadena, CA 91105 Although the Ivory Queen of Soul and Rick James protege wasn't born in Pasadena, California , the fact that she lived off Laguna Road right here in Pasadena's San Rafael neighborhood means a lot for the local music scene . As you think about what Pasadena has been to the County of Los Angeles, you can only imagine the type of things that have transpired on the local music scene with Hollywood being so close. Pasadena has been known as a place Hollywood comes to when they are trying to keep a low profile. Even so, it's also a place Hollywood shoots a lot of their highly esteemed TV Show sitcoms, movies, commercials, and more. Percy's Portrait Photography But,...

Hip Hop Musician "HENDO" talks Shows, Mixtapes, & Life growing up in Tacoma, WA in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

"I wanna start a big brother program for the youth. A lot of kids have talents and big dreams just don't have the right guidance to prevent them from falling victim to the streets." - Hendo Mistah Wilson: Yo, Hendo! What's good wit it. Glad to have you here with us for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How you been?  Hendo: I've been good bro just grinding knocking out these shows and mixtapes. Appreciate you for having me on here bro foreal it's a blessing i'm rocking with the movement. Mistah Wilson:  For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?  Hendo:   I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA youngest outta 3 siblings. I've lived all over Tacoma tried playing football in high school that didn't work out. I always wanted to do stand up comedy since I'm always cracking jokes once I get my feet in the music business I definitely gonna try that out one of my first dreams. Mistah Wilson:  ...

New Music: Ransom x The Game x Rome Streetz – Pray For The Weak

Ransom and Rome Streetz will be releasing a new joint album titled Coup De Grâce . The two link up with The Game for a new collab called “Pray For The Weak” . The three lyrical beast get busy on the hypnotizing instrumental. Via American Music Scene http://www.rssmix.com/