Skip to main content

WilsonBlock100 Radio

Selenia Lagos talks Foster Care and Entrepreneurship in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

Visit BEYOND THE DUST website

"A program like Hathaway-Sycamores, in specific, influenced me by helping me built a better relationships with my family and my community." 
-Selenia Lagos

Mistah Wilson: Hey there, Selenia Lagos! Thank you so much for coming thru for this exclusive interview with thawilsonblock magazine. For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?
Selenia Lagos: Hi all I'm Selenia founder of Beyond the Dust an environmentally friendly cleaning company in LA. For your convenience, only organic cleaners and tools are used to clean your home or place of business. We aim to become the safest cleaning service for people, pets and the planet. We make our own multi-purpose cleaner and we provide our own planet friendly tools and supplies.

Mistah Wilson: You've come a long way since we met at Hathaway-Sycamores in Pasadena, CA. How have they helped you become the person you are today?

Selenia Lagos: Yes in a way but I am always trying to improve myself, of course. Yes I have been lucky to have met multiple influencers who worked in the programs that have helped me thrive and helped me turn into a professional woman. A program like Hathaway-Sycamores, in specific, influenced me by helping me built a better relationships with my family and my community. Today I have a better relationship with my brother because I was able to be closer to him because they are located in Pasadena. I talk with my mom a lot more often because I got to heal through transfering all the animosity to therapist, clinicians , administrators, executives who listened, cared and still care. As a result, I was finally able to start a better relationship with my mother. (Great question)

Mistah Wilson: What were some of the biggest challenges for you aging out of foster care?
Selenia Lagos: The biggest challenges after aging out were maintaining a stable employment.

Mistah Wilson: Who were some people in your life that have served as positive influences and how?Selenia Lagos: My influences come from different programs like Friends of Foster, Journey House, H-S, Guardian scholars, some counselors, my mom, and brother. Everyone I have mentioned all played a part in raising. It takes a village to raise a child. Because of them I am a fighter, a goalsetter, and a better me.

Mistah Wilson: And today, you've started your own cleaning service! Tell us all about it and what sets it apart from your typical cleaning business...
Selenia Lagos: There are not enough employers who provide flexible work schedules for foster youth. Our vision is to provide foster youth flexible work schedules, so that they can attend school full- time, and thus we help beat the statistics foster youth are faced. Beyond the Dust is an
environmentally friendly cleaning service. For your convenience, only organic cleaners are used to clean your home or place of business. We aim to become the safest cleaning service for people, pets in the planet. In 2018 we were able to provide 1 foster youth a flexible work schedule and transportation to and from work.

Mistah Wilson: What are some of the rewarding things about being an entrepreneur?
Selenia Lagos: The reward is being able to provide flexible work schedules to the foster youth community. For all aspiring entrepreneurs I recommend that you go for it. Start your own small business, get your business license, your business name and market your business online. As long as you stay consistent you can do it. You can call us or text us at 3233269130 or email beyondthedust17@gmail.com. visit beyondthedust.biz for visuals of our work.

Mistah Wilson: Selenia, thank you so much for coming thru for this exclusive interview with thawilsonblock magazine!

Comments

  1. Thank you "thewilsonblock" for this article!

    20% off your first service
    Beyondthedust.biz
    (818)554-8796

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Teena Marie's Legacy Lingers in Pasadena's San Rafael Neighborhood

Mistah Wilson locates R&B Legend Teena Marie's Pasadena,CA Residence   Update: The original article claimed Teena Marie's Pasadena home was located in Linda Vista. Correction: Teena Marie's Pasadena, CA residence was located in the San Rafael area @ 1000 Laguna Road. Pasadena, CA 91105 Although the Ivory Queen of Soul and Rick James protege wasn't born in Pasadena, California , the fact that she lived off Laguna Road right here in Pasadena's San Rafael neighborhood means a lot for the local music scene . As you think about what Pasadena has been to the County of Los Angeles, you can only imagine the type of things that have transpired on the local music scene with Hollywood being so close. Pasadena has been known as a place Hollywood comes to when they are trying to keep a low profile. Even so, it's also a place Hollywood shoots a lot of their highly esteemed TV Show sitcoms, movies, commercials, and more. Percy's Portrait Photography But,...

Hip Hop Musician "HENDO" talks Shows, Mixtapes, & Life growing up in Tacoma, WA in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

"I wanna start a big brother program for the youth. A lot of kids have talents and big dreams just don't have the right guidance to prevent them from falling victim to the streets." - Hendo Mistah Wilson: Yo, Hendo! What's good wit it. Glad to have you here with us for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How you been?  Hendo: I've been good bro just grinding knocking out these shows and mixtapes. Appreciate you for having me on here bro foreal it's a blessing i'm rocking with the movement. Mistah Wilson:  For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?  Hendo:   I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA youngest outta 3 siblings. I've lived all over Tacoma tried playing football in high school that didn't work out. I always wanted to do stand up comedy since I'm always cracking jokes once I get my feet in the music business I definitely gonna try that out one of my first dreams. Mistah Wilson:  ...

New Music: Ransom x The Game x Rome Streetz – Pray For The Weak

Ransom and Rome Streetz will be releasing a new joint album titled Coup De Grâce . The two link up with The Game for a new collab called “Pray For The Weak” . The three lyrical beast get busy on the hypnotizing instrumental. Via American Music Scene http://www.rssmix.com/