Skip to main content

WilsonBlock100 Radio

Read "Talking To The Universe" poem by Jhantu Randall

Read More by Jhantu Randall
As I write these verses in my notebook staring a a starry sky
The pen is the instrument that helps find the reasons to why
My truest thoughts exist in these pages I write
Ironically, in person the same line of questioning will be met by a harsh stare accompanied by a dismissive eye
So this is why I write
To come to terms and make amends for all the wrongs I’ve willingly done in my life

To be a true poet you must possess the gift of reaching the audiences minds
To view the world through the innocence of a child while living multiple lives
It’s the fault of human behavior
The environment and nature
That’s what I strive to capture every single time
To be comfortable in both taking a leap and walking the line
Where the only 2 choices are to jump or fall to your demise

So who am I?
I am both nothing and everything
I live in-between the margins and divide
Just one voice added to a chorus of a vibrant kind
Relegated to the underground
From hole in the wall spots to generic coffee shops
But under the bright lights is where I rise
On this stage, the world becomes mine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teena Marie's Legacy Lingers in Pasadena's San Rafael Neighborhood

Mistah Wilson locates R&B Legend Teena Marie's Pasadena,CA Residence   Update: The original article claimed Teena Marie's Pasadena home was located in Linda Vista. Correction: Teena Marie's Pasadena, CA residence was located in the San Rafael area @ 1000 Laguna Road. Pasadena, CA 91105 Although the Ivory Queen of Soul and Rick James protege wasn't born in Pasadena, California , the fact that she lived off Laguna Road right here in Pasadena's San Rafael neighborhood means a lot for the local music scene . As you think about what Pasadena has been to the County of Los Angeles, you can only imagine the type of things that have transpired on the local music scene with Hollywood being so close. Pasadena has been known as a place Hollywood comes to when they are trying to keep a low profile. Even so, it's also a place Hollywood shoots a lot of their highly esteemed TV Show sitcoms, movies, commercials, and more. Percy's Portrait Photography But,...

Hip Hop Musician "HENDO" talks Shows, Mixtapes, & Life growing up in Tacoma, WA in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

"I wanna start a big brother program for the youth. A lot of kids have talents and big dreams just don't have the right guidance to prevent them from falling victim to the streets." - Hendo Mistah Wilson: Yo, Hendo! What's good wit it. Glad to have you here with us for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How you been?  Hendo: I've been good bro just grinding knocking out these shows and mixtapes. Appreciate you for having me on here bro foreal it's a blessing i'm rocking with the movement. Mistah Wilson:  For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?  Hendo:   I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA youngest outta 3 siblings. I've lived all over Tacoma tried playing football in high school that didn't work out. I always wanted to do stand up comedy since I'm always cracking jokes once I get my feet in the music business I definitely gonna try that out one of my first dreams. Mistah Wilson:  ...

New Music: Ransom x The Game x Rome Streetz – Pray For The Weak

Ransom and Rome Streetz will be releasing a new joint album titled Coup De Grâce . The two link up with The Game for a new collab called “Pray For The Weak” . The three lyrical beast get busy on the hypnotizing instrumental. Via American Music Scene http://www.rssmix.com/