Skip to main content

WilsonBlock100 Radio

Meet Contemporary Photographer/Painter "Charlin Janene" from Akron, Ohio

View Charlin Janene's Website & Gallery
I'm a Combat Veteran's Wife, lifelong athlete & self-taught versatile multi-medium artist. Born October 11th, in Akron, OH, and raised in Riviera Beach & West Palm Beach, FL. I taught myself how to draw at age three - I wrote my name after seeing it on the refrigerator. I attended a performing arts school. I've sold a few dozen pieces. My first sale was in 6th grade - to a local business in Akron; then I sold another piece to the Akron Children's Hospital before I left for our first PCS in Colorado. I didn't sell my first charcoal portrait until adulthood, but when I did, I sold it to Grammy-Nominated, 19-year-old Harvard graduate, producer and artist, Ryan Leslie. That charcoal portrait was actually the very first portrait I completed using charcoal. Anything that can be created, in the arts, is pretty much my thing. I worked for The University of Akron's ZipsVision sports production staff and while working there I gained experience from FOX TV and ESPN; I also interned at NewsChannel 13, KKTV 11 News, and Sky Sox Baseball (minor league team) in Colorado Springs, CO. At the news stations, and working in sports I was writing & producing news, creating & editing video using AVID, recording & editing plays in sports, writing & producing radio commercials, arranging music, and going into the field as a reporter; all while attending college and working a part-time job. Graduated Phi Theta Kappa with a degree in Telecom. I shot my first wedding, which was also my first LGBT photography session in July 2017.

My photographs have been published by LIVESTRONG, Comet, Eventbrite, LinkedIn, Healthline, The National Domestic Violence Hotline, Southern California Reproductive Center, and Telemundo just to name a few. I have also produced ad content on social media for big corps like Intel, Coca Cola, Petco, and Sony Pictures. 

I studied Web Design & Interactive Media at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Left the Sports Marketing & Media program at the extremely sought-after, college for media professionals, Full Sail University, for various reasons. I still gained 2.5 years of social media marketing experience. I've been married to my War Veteran (Marine AND soldier) for 10 years and we are finally 'free' from the military. He was a Marine when I met him, then transitioned into the Army right before we got hitched in 2007. Downtime consists of trips to the dog park and donating my time and funds to various causes - the homeless, animal shelters, t-ball team that I coach, various charities like UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency), St. Jude, etc. One of our dogs is a rescue, so I feel compelled to volunteer regularly. When I go, I donate food, and occasionally walk & play with the shelter pups. I run a few miles each week; sometimes with my Akita. Lastly, I aspire to write a book one day, when I find time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teena Marie's Legacy Lingers in Pasadena's San Rafael Neighborhood

Mistah Wilson locates R&B Legend Teena Marie's Pasadena,CA Residence   Update: The original article claimed Teena Marie's Pasadena home was located in Linda Vista. Correction: Teena Marie's Pasadena, CA residence was located in the San Rafael area @ 1000 Laguna Road. Pasadena, CA 91105 Although the Ivory Queen of Soul and Rick James protege wasn't born in Pasadena, California , the fact that she lived off Laguna Road right here in Pasadena's San Rafael neighborhood means a lot for the local music scene . As you think about what Pasadena has been to the County of Los Angeles, you can only imagine the type of things that have transpired on the local music scene with Hollywood being so close. Pasadena has been known as a place Hollywood comes to when they are trying to keep a low profile. Even so, it's also a place Hollywood shoots a lot of their highly esteemed TV Show sitcoms, movies, commercials, and more. Percy's Portrait Photography But,...

Hip Hop Musician "HENDO" talks Shows, Mixtapes, & Life growing up in Tacoma, WA in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

"I wanna start a big brother program for the youth. A lot of kids have talents and big dreams just don't have the right guidance to prevent them from falling victim to the streets." - Hendo Mistah Wilson: Yo, Hendo! What's good wit it. Glad to have you here with us for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How you been?  Hendo: I've been good bro just grinding knocking out these shows and mixtapes. Appreciate you for having me on here bro foreal it's a blessing i'm rocking with the movement. Mistah Wilson:  For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?  Hendo:   I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA youngest outta 3 siblings. I've lived all over Tacoma tried playing football in high school that didn't work out. I always wanted to do stand up comedy since I'm always cracking jokes once I get my feet in the music business I definitely gonna try that out one of my first dreams. Mistah Wilson:  ...

New Music: Ransom x The Game x Rome Streetz – Pray For The Weak

Ransom and Rome Streetz will be releasing a new joint album titled Coup De Grâce . The two link up with The Game for a new collab called “Pray For The Weak” . The three lyrical beast get busy on the hypnotizing instrumental. Via American Music Scene http://www.rssmix.com/