Skip to main content

WilsonBlock100 Radio

Meet Americana Songwriter "Eli Gardiner" from Sault Ste. Marie, MI

Eli Gardiner on Bandcamp
For Eli Gardiner, it's all about the connection, writing from the heart with honesty and conviction. With influences like Jason Isbell, John Moreland, and Bob Dylan, he values the purity of expression through his songs. Some of Eli's earliest music memories are listening to "Saturday Night Gold" on the radio and singing along the to Del Shannons song, "Runaway." He has always loved music and listening to his Dad's collection of records, specifically Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA." ​

"The songs on the new album "Virginia Rose" are from two chapters in my life. The first is when I was living in a old farm house in Des Moines Iowa, watching the thunder storms roll in across the corn and flatlands. I would come home from work and open the windows to let the house cool down and play these songs to the night sky. The second chapter comes with the move to Virginia, the heartache of addiction and losing a brother. Facing mortality is never an easy thing but these songs helped me to work through the loss and come out the other side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teena Marie's Legacy Lingers in Pasadena's San Rafael Neighborhood

Mistah Wilson locates R&B Legend Teena Marie's Pasadena,CA Residence   Update: The original article claimed Teena Marie's Pasadena home was located in Linda Vista. Correction: Teena Marie's Pasadena, CA residence was located in the San Rafael area @ 1000 Laguna Road. Pasadena, CA 91105 Although the Ivory Queen of Soul and Rick James protege wasn't born in Pasadena, California , the fact that she lived off Laguna Road right here in Pasadena's San Rafael neighborhood means a lot for the local music scene . As you think about what Pasadena has been to the County of Los Angeles, you can only imagine the type of things that have transpired on the local music scene with Hollywood being so close. Pasadena has been known as a place Hollywood comes to when they are trying to keep a low profile. Even so, it's also a place Hollywood shoots a lot of their highly esteemed TV Show sitcoms, movies, commercials, and more. Percy's Portrait Photography But,...

Hip Hop Musician "HENDO" talks Shows, Mixtapes, & Life growing up in Tacoma, WA in an Exclusive Interview w/ Mistah Wilson

"I wanna start a big brother program for the youth. A lot of kids have talents and big dreams just don't have the right guidance to prevent them from falling victim to the streets." - Hendo Mistah Wilson: Yo, Hendo! What's good wit it. Glad to have you here with us for this exclusive interview with ThaWilsonBlock Magazine. How you been?  Hendo: I've been good bro just grinding knocking out these shows and mixtapes. Appreciate you for having me on here bro foreal it's a blessing i'm rocking with the movement. Mistah Wilson:  For our audience reading this, could you give us a quick background on yourself?  Hendo:   I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA youngest outta 3 siblings. I've lived all over Tacoma tried playing football in high school that didn't work out. I always wanted to do stand up comedy since I'm always cracking jokes once I get my feet in the music business I definitely gonna try that out one of my first dreams. Mistah Wilson:  ...

New Music: Ransom x The Game x Rome Streetz – Pray For The Weak

Ransom and Rome Streetz will be releasing a new joint album titled Coup De Grâce . The two link up with The Game for a new collab called “Pray For The Weak” . The three lyrical beast get busy on the hypnotizing instrumental. Via American Music Scene http://www.rssmix.com/